Graduates work hard today to make it through high school with passing grades. Parents and graduates alike celebrate this milestone in a child's life. A party and gifts are in order to show the student how proud everyone is of him or her. Ten suggestions of the best graduation gifts are in the following list.
1. New Laptop Computer - Chances are the graduate has worn out his or her existing laptop. Of course, a new laptop is a great graduation gift when money is not a concern. Excellent for parents or grandparents to give a graduate. Laptops can be picked up for as low as a couple of hundred dollars to as high as into the thousands of dollars depending on their features.
2. New Set of Luggage - Luggage comes in individual pieces or in sets. This new luggage will come in handy IF a senior trip is planned for the graduate over the summer. Prices vary according to the brand luggage. However, make sure there is a trip planned before giving this gift.
3. College Themed Items - When the graduate is going on to college, items such as T-shirts, bedding and sweatshirts with the name of the college on them are ideal for graduation gifts. The bedding will be ideal for his college dorm when the time comes.
4. New Smartphone - Today, your phone plan probably allows you to buy new smartphones for affordable prices. If you happen to be the parents of the graduate, you may consider buying him or her a new smartphone and the appropriate plan for it to start this new phase of his or her life. After all, your graduate will be away from home more and you will want him or her to have a way to check in from time to time.
5. A Personalized Graduation Tassel Frame - This type of frame allows you to add the Class of 2014 above the graduate's 5 x 7 photo with a special message at the bottom of the photo. There is also a space for the graduation tassel next to the photo. The graduate can cherish this for many years. It is only $29.99 at www.thingsremembered.com right now.
6. Portable Charger - Portable chargers come in many different models today. They help provide extra power for electronic devices when the graduate is not near an electrical outlet. Ideal present for anyone who is looking for an affordable, quality gift. Walmart, Best Buy and Amazon are just some of the places you can purchase this one of the special graduation presents.
7. Passport Cover - This cover is an ideal gift for the graduate going abroad to study or just for fun. There are some unique handmade leather ones through ShopAlwaysRooney at www.etsy.com. It is a wallet along with being a passport cover. This online costs $35.00.
8. DSLR Camera - The digital cameras today have many features that are not available with the cameras on digital phones. For this reason, there make ideal gifts for the graduate who loves to take high quality shots of where he or she goes. Prices vary depending on the features of the camera.
9. Pearl Stud Earrings - Female graduates will enjoy wearing these to numerous events and even on a daily basis. Pearls go with any outfit. You can find various sizes of these studs and some may contain diamond chips for enhancement.
10. Binoculars - These are ideal for use at concerts and sporting events. Guys and gals both will appreciate this gift, as you can get lightweight versions for females.
Undesirable Graduation Gifts
1. Engraved Money Clip - This is not an ideal gift for a young man just getting out of high school. He will have little money to his name and will have practically no need for this item.
2. Stuffed Animals - Do not treat the graduate like a little kid by giving him or her stuffed animals. Give him or her a more adult gift.
3. Self-Improvement Books - Do not bore your graduate with an advice book on how to succeed. This is not the time for this gift! You quickly will crush the mood of the celebration.
4. Watches - Watches are not worn as much as they used to be back before smartphones. Today, young people have their smartphones to check the time and they may not like receiving a watch for a graduation gift.
5. Electric Razor - Both female and male graduates will yawn at this gift. Come up with some special and an electric razor is not special!
Take some time to figure out which of the best graduation gifts is right for the high school graduate in your life. Remember that you want this time of his or her life to be extra special.
We are a group of passionate gift-givers who saw a need and created a solution: A one-step method to finding the perfect gift. Gone are the days of spending hours clicking, searching, and clicking some more to find the right gift for the right person. GetThemGifts simplifies the process as a single source for all things gift-search related. Our database is simple and effective. One page, one button, and endless results.